SOUTH BAY GALLERIA INTRODUCES
TEEN VOGUE BACK-TO-SCHOOL SATURDAY™!
- Teen Vogue has declared August 11, 2012 a new national shopping holiday for back-to-school.
SOUTH BAY, Calif., (August 2, 2012) – Picking out a new fall wardrobe can be a daunting task. Skinny jeans or flares? Stripes or solids? Maxis or minis? Fear not!Getting fashion ready for back-to-school just got easier thanks to a new back-to-school fashion and beauty event at South Bay Galleria.
On Saturday, August 11, South Bay Galleria will host its first Teen Vogue Back- to-School Saturday™. The event will feature retailer discounts, a DJ, free makeovers, stylist consultations and more, all to get students ready for back-to-school with the latest in fashion and beauty.
“As one of the largest retail shopping centers in the South Bay, keeping our shoppers up-to-date with the ever-changing fashion world is a job we enjoy,” said Mickey Marraffino, Regional Marketing Director of South Bay Galleria. “The Teen Vogue Back-to-School Saturday ™ event is the perfect way for our shoppers to get ready for the fall season. With free makeovers, stylist sessions and giveaways, this event will have something for everyone.”
Teen Vogue Back- to-School Saturday™ will include:
- Retailer Discounts at select stores from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., with a list of participating retailers available at Guest Services or on the South Bay Galleria App.
- DJ Sal will be mixing global hits in Center Court from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Tweet to Win: Follow @SBGalleria on Twitter, and tweet your favorite Back-to-School store’s name to #btss and @sbgalleria for a chance to win a $25 South Bay Galleria Gift Card. Winners will be announced via Twitter.
- Free Henna Tattoos sponsored by Ziba Beauty from 12:00 p.m.to 4:00 p.m.
- Style-on-Demand: Guests who show their South Bay Galleria App can get a free style consultation in Center Court from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Free Beauty Tips by Nordstrom’s professional makeup artists when guests show their South Bay Galleria App from 1:00 p.m.to 4:00 p.m. in Center Court.
- Free Hair Styling Makeovers by Regis from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. for guests who show their South Bay Galleria App, located in Center Court.
- Style Spotters: Fashion bloggers will be walking around the mall from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. rewarding trendsetters with $10 Galleria Gift Cards. The trendsetters’ photos will then be snapped and shared via social media.
- “Surf’s Up” Photo Opportunity: Guests who show their South Bay Galleria App get a free photo in front of a green screen to look like they are riding on a surf board, and can then post the photo to their Twitter, Facebook or receive it in an e-mail.
- Text-to-win Scavenger Hunt: Guests can follow the clues by texting a new message at each of the five participating stores. This contest will last all day, from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., with each text entering the guest for a chance to win a Nixon Watch from Tic Time.
- Each store will have a code on its counter which participants can text to 55800 to get the next clue, which will lead to the next destination.
- There will be a total of five clues. Each time a participant texts a code to 55800, it will be considered one entry to win the Nixon Watch from Tic Time.
- Clue number one is: Start at the store sponsoring the Nixon Watch grand prize!
- HealthyLife.net Radio will be recording a South Bay Saturday Back- to-School show at the mall from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. hosted by Redondo Beach Councilman Steve Aspel in the Food Court.
About South Bay Galleria
As one of the South Bay’s leading shopping centers, South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach, Calif. encompasses nearly one million square feet on three levels, and is anchored by Nordstrom, Macy’s, Kohl’s and AMC South Bay Galleria 16. Guests have more than 135 stores and restaurants to enjoy, including Banana Republic, GUESS, bebe, California Pizza Kitchen, Nordstrom Cafe, and Red Robin, among others.
South Bay Galleria features a number of amenities including family restrooms, a full-service Guest Services Center, security escorts, and valet parking. In addition, the shopping center hosts various events for the South Bay community, including Kid’s Club, Galleria Gaitors walking club, musical performances and educational programs. For more information and a complete list of stores and restaurants please visit www.SouthBayGalleria.com.